Listen To The Blog Here:
A common concern in patients is wanting to reduce fine lines, wrinkles and scars while improving skin tone and texture.
Having younger-looking, radiant skin is now more easily attainable and less painful than ever with today’s technologies.
Some of the most popular skin and facial procedures that don’t require surgery include treatments like Clear + Brilliant, Microneedling and IPL Photofacials.
While all three of these procedures are similar, they also have their differences. So how do you know which treatment you should get?
First, you should narrow down your top skin concerns from the broad goal of just attaining “better skin”.
Whether that’s reducing fine lines and wrinkles, reducing pore size, smoothing texture or improving pigmentation or scars, some treatments work better at a specific goal than others.
Here’s what you need to know about how the Clear + Brilliant, Microneedling and Photofacial compare:
Clear + Brilliant
The Clear & Brilliant treatment is relatively new, yet it’s one of the most popular laser treatments for improving early signs of aging such as fine lines, skin tone, texture, pigment and sun damage while also minimizing pores.
It works by a laser gently rolling across the skin to create microscopic wounds, stimulating collagen production.
The Clear and Brilliant laser treatment has no downtime and works on all skin types.
The Clear + Brilliant can be done on the face, neck, chest or hands. A series of treatments is recommended, and ongoing treatments are needed to maintain results.
Similar to Clear + Brilliant, this procedure works also by stimulating collagen production in the skin, except by using microscopic needles.
It improves the skin’s overall appearance, reduces fine lines, wrinkles, stretch marks, hyperpigmentation and acne scars.
Microneedling can be done on any part of the body such as face, neck, chest, arms, legs, abdomen and back.
A Photofacial or IPL (intense pulsed light) targets pigment, redness and vessels in the skin without harming any surrounding tissue.
Photofacials are best for treating sun spots, age spots, rosacea, spider veins, capillaries and other similar conditions on the skin.
IPL treatments can be done on the face, chest, back or hands. This treatment works best on lighter skin tones.
So how do the three stack up against each other?
How the Clear + Brilliant and Microneedling treatments are similar:
1. They both stimulate collagen production with controlled micro injuries
2. They’re both minimally invasive
3. They both reduce the size of pores
4. They both improve early signs of aging
5. They can both correct acne, pigmentation, fine lines, sun damage, skin tone and texture
6. Can do either treatment as often as 3 to 4 weeks
7. Both treatments can be combined as part of a long term skin care correcting treatment plan, spacing them out by at least 4 weeks
8. Both treatments can be performed on the face, neck and chest as well as hands and arms.
How Clear + Brilliant and Microneedling treatments are different:
1. Clear + Brilliant removes top layer of skin
2. Clear + Brilliant has less visible downtime than Microneedling
3. Clear + Brilliant is better for treating signs of sun damage, such as brown spots and freckles
4. Skin is red to pink for 2-3 days following Microneedling treatment
5. Skin is red immediately after treatment but looks back to normal the day after Clear + Brilliant with less visible social downtime
6. Skin feels raw for a few days after Microneedling
7. Skin feels like sandpaper for 3-7 days following Clear + Brilliant treatment
Clear + Brilliant vs. IPL (Photofacial)
How the Clear + Brilliant and the Photofacial are similar:
1. They’re both minimally invasive
2. They both stimulate collagen production
3. They both improve early signs of aging, sun damage, skin tone and texture
4. They both reduce fine lines and minimize pores
5. You need a series of treatments to fully remove brown spots for both procedures
6. Both treatments can be done on the face, chest, hands, and arms
7. Can combine both treatments as part of a skin care correcting treatment plan
8. Skin looks back to normal the day after treatment
How the Clear + Brilliant and the Photofacial are different:
1. Clear + Brilliant is for all skin types
2. IPL is not recommended for darker skin tones
3. IPL improves veins and capillaries on the face
4. IPL does not smooth acne scarring
5. IPL does not remove the top layer of skin
All three treatments for the face can be combined to create a skin care treatment plan for best results.
So if you wanted to correct pigmentation, reduce acne scars and reduce vascular lesions, a series of all three spaced three to four weeks apart maybe your best option to give you clearer, younger and healthier looking skin.
It’s best to schedule a consultation at a reputable Medspa to see which treatment or treatment plan is right for you.
If you live in Bucks County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County or the surrounding area, contact us to schedule a consultation.
If you liked this blog, share it!
You may also enjoy reading “Reverse Sun Damaged Skin with These 4 Med Spa Treatments.”